Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tab Pop

Sure this has nothing to do with art but I feel like this has been long overdue but I'm gonna write a review of this lovely soft drink.  Tab soda (or 'POP' as we call it in the PacNW) is a drink that was created by the Coca-Cola company sometime in the 1960's by some dude.  They made this drink to expand their line.  Kinda like how Sprite is also part of the coke family.

So they made it and it was good, people liked it and all that stuff.  It was featured in some movies like Back to the Future in some scene where Marty drinks it and surfs on a hover skateboard with his hat backwards.  Then sometime in the late 80's or 90's the coke people got sick of hawkin' money out for the drink and stopped advertising for it because people were addicted to it so much they didn't need to advertise it anymore.  They knew they were so cool and didn't have to try.

They still make this stuff but I've never had it.  I'm assuming it kinda tastes like Coke because its some kinda cola and its made by Coca-Cola.  If you ever get a can or bottle of it, let me know and send it my way so I can taste it.  I'd prefer it in a bottle because aluminum doesn't taste good.

Final Review: 10 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment