Monday, May 11, 2009

Star Trek 2009

When I was younger, I spent many of hours watching Star Trek with my dad. Most of it consisting of TNG. Of course, I was young at the time and I didn't understand everything going on.

I grew up a bit but would go back and watch ST on occasion. I watched the Original series, the movies, TNG, DS9, even some Voyager. I watched the new 'Enterprise' with Scott Backula but something was off setting about that one.

Obviously time passed and the franchise was dying. It needed a make over. Instead of doing a complete remake of the series, the story was told in a prequel sense. How the crew came to be.

It was told in somewhat of a parallel Universe. I don't want to give much away but some of the events that went down in this movie never happened in any of the series. Which means, you have a different Spock and J.T. Kirk.


Aside from how its told and the effects used... This Star Trek was awesome. I think it satisfys both the Trekkie and someone who has never seen Star Trek. Its good enough for me to go see it in the Theater again and again... Sadly I'm broke so maybe just one more again and I'll wait till it hits DVD.

The movie got me thinking a lot about the film and other franchises. How it stacks up against em' and such. It also made me think about a second film. There is probably going to be one, there is no doubt. But will it be as good?

Hopefully so.

Go See It!



No comments:

Post a Comment